Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cereus Blooms at Night

I have to blog about this book, but I don't even have words to describe it.

Shani Mootoo creates a masterpiece in Cereus Blooms at Night by spinning a web through characters and time.

I don't even have words to describe the beauty with which Mootoo relays this story, or where it touched me, or the themes that this novel is about. I won't reveal the characters or plot here because Mootoo does it better. Like a blossoming flower that exposes more of itself with time.

I finished the book yesterday, but I can still taste its juice on my lips, smell its warm scent on my fingertips.

I don't want to link to the author or the book because I don't want to spoil it.

READ THIS BOOK... and then let's revel in it together.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I just finished reading last night. That was a very powerful story. Thank you for recommending it.